Congresswoman Returns from Secret “Fact Finding Trip to Syria: “There Are No Moderate Rebels in Syria”
This is not ground-breaking news for those who have been following the story of the rise of the Islamic State in the Middle East. However, following a visit to Syria and secret meeting with Bashar al-Assad, one congresswoman is claiming she has proof that the Obama administration funded the Islamic State.
In an interview on CNN following a secret “fact finding” trip to Syria, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) said that Syrian President Bashar Assad should be left in power and communicated that there were no moderate rebels in Syria.
“I don’t think Assad should be removed,” Gabbard said. “If Assad is removed and overthrown, ISIS, al Qaeda, Al Nustra, these Islamic extremist groups will walk straight in and take over all of Syria … they will be even stronger.”
“Whatever you think about President Assad, the fact is that he is the president of Syria,” she added. “In order for any peace agreement, in order for any possibility of a viable peace agreement to occur, there has to be a conversation with him. The Syrian people will determine his outcome and what happens with their government and their future.”
- Hillary Clinton’s emails prove the US State Dept and White House knew Saudi Arabia and Qatar are funding Islamic State
- The United States wanted the Islamic State to grow, as proved by leaked intelligence documents
- Over 50,000 foreign jihadists, mostly came through Turkey
- Al-Qaeda controlling border crossings from the beginning of the war
- The Moderate Free Syrian Army is a myth, and most fighters belong to Al Qaeda-like groups that commit war crimes
- FSA Weapons were given/taken by ISIS, Nusra, Al Qaeda
- Free Syrian Army works with Al Nusra, Islamic State
- Weapons via Turkey
- Turkey helped Islamic State and Al Qaeda terrorists safe travel across border, transportation, intelligence, and other logistics
- Medical care for terrorists in Turkey, Israel