Bernie Sanders On Ilhan Omar: “We Will Stand By Our Muslim Brothers & Sisters”
Jewish Insider reported Thursday:
SCOOP: HEARD LAST NIGHT — Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) on a conference call hosted by Jim Zogby, Co-Chair of the DNC’s Ethnic Council, when asked about the controversy over Rep. Ilhan Omar’s tweets about AIPAC:“I talked to Ilhan last night to give her my personal support. We will stand by our Muslim brothers and sisters.”
Questions that establishment media journalists would ask Bernie Sanders if they were actually journalists and ever asked Leftists tough questions:
1. Yes, you stand by your Muslim brothers and sisters, but will they stand by you, when the chips are down? Remember the Communist Tudeh Party in Iran, which supported Khomeini and the Islamic Revolution, only to be banned and persecuted by the Khomeini regime.
2. If a first-term Jewish Congresswoman had posted a series of tweets criticizing jihad mass murder and Sharia oppression of women, gays, and others, how many seconds would it have taken you to withdraw your support from her and denounce her?
3. Why doesn’t Ilhan Omar’s retailing of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories bother you? Aren’t you aware of how these conspiracy theories have been used to incite violence against Jews? Haven’t you paused to consider what her obvious belief in these conspiracy theories reveals about her character?
4. The Qur’an depicts the Jews as inveterately evil and bent on destroying the well-being of the Muslims. They are the strongest of all people in enmity toward the Muslims (5:82); they fabricate things and falsely ascribe them to Allah (2:79; 3:75, 3:181); they claim that Allah’s power is limited (5:64); they love to listen to lies (5:41); they disobey Allah and never observe his commands (5:13). They are disputing and quarreling (2:247); hiding the truth and misleading people (3:78); staging rebellion against the prophets and rejecting their guidance (2:55); being hypocritical (2:14, 2:44); giving preference to their own interests over the teachings of Muhammad (2:87); wishing evil for people and trying to mislead them (2:109); feeling pain when others are happy or fortunate (3:120); being arrogant about their being Allah’s beloved people (5:18); devouring people’s wealth by subterfuge (4:161); slandering the true religion and being cursed by Allah (4:46); killing the prophets (2:61); being merciless and heartless (2:74); never keeping their promises or fulfilling their words (2:100); being unrestrained in committing sins (5:79); being cowardly (59:13-14); being miserly (4:53); being transformed into apes and pigs for breaking the Sabbath (2:63-65; 5:59-60; 7:166); and more. They are under Allah’s curse (9:30), and Muslims should wage war against them and subjugate them under Islamic hegemony (9:29).
Now, I know you’re not a religious man and don’t take religious texts seriously, but do you understand that Ilhan Omar, as a believing, Sharia-observant Muslim, most likely does take these texts seriously, and probably thinks that they reveal eternal truths that provide her with insight into human interaction now and in all situations? She is, after all, a product of a culture that reveres these texts, and she has never given any sign of departing from the values or norms of that culture.
5. In light of question #4, do you really think that no matter how useful you may be at the moment to Ilhan Omar, that she regards you with anything other than utter contempt? Do you really think that she does not see you as an enemy of Allah who strives to impede the efforts of the Muslims in any possible way?
You may protest at this, that since you are not a religious Jew, this could not possibly be the case, but a constant characteristic of Islamic supremacists is to speak of all Americans as Christians and all Israelis as Jews, despite the fact that many are not religiously observant. Ilhan Omar has never given any indication that she does not see the world in any way other than the way an Islamic supremacist would see it.
You will doubtless call me an “Islamophobe,” Mr. Sanders, and consider the friendship and mutual respect you have established with Ms. Omar to be unshakeable. And you may well be right on the latter; human nature is everywhere the same, and it may be that Ilhan Omar will depart from what the Qur’an and Sunnah tell her about Jews in your case, and establish a lasting bond. There are plenty of precedents. But there are also plenty of precedents of Muslims establishing friendships with Jews and then turning on their Jewish friends, opting for adherence to the Qur’an and Sunnah instead of for the friendship. Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev murdered three of his Jewish friends on September 11, 2011. In August 2003 in Houston, after becoming serious and devout in his observance of Islam, Mohammed Ali Alayed murdered his Jewish friend Ariel Sellouk.
Am I saying Ilhan Omar is going to kill you, Bernie? Of course not. But it’s extremely unlikely that she is ever going to like you. And for all the support you give her, you will be out on your ear as fast as the Tudeh Party the minute you become no longer useful.
Go ahead, call me an “Islamophobe.” But one day you may discover that what I am saying here was not so “racist” and “bigoted” after all.
Article posted with permission from Robert Spencer