Bombshell Email: Embassy told Obama Admin that YouTube Video had NOTHING to Do With Benghazi Attack!
Just three days after the terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi that took the lives of four Americans including our Ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, the embassy in Tripoli was warning the Obama administration not to conflate the attack with the YouTube video called the Innocence of Muslims.
From the House Committee on Benghazi:
Subject: messaging on the attacks in Libya
Date: Friday, September 14, 2012 6:43:39 AM
Colleagues, I mentioned to [redacted] this morning, and want to share with all of you, our view at Embassy Tripoli that we must be cautious in our local messaging with regard to the inflammatory film trailer, adapting it to Libyan conditions. Our monitoring of the Libyan media and conversations with Libyans suggest that the films not as explosive of an issue here as it appears to be in other countries in the region. The overwhelming majority of the FB comments and tweets we’ve received from Libyans since the Ambassador’s death have expressed deep sympathy, sorrow, and regret. They have expressed anger at the attackers, and emphasized that this attack does not represent Libyans or Islam. Relatively few have even mentioned the inflammatory video. So if we post messaging about the video specifically, we may draw unwanted attention to it. And it is becoming increasingly clear that the series of events in Benghazi was much more terrorist attack than a protest which escalated into violence. It is our opinion that in our messaging, we want to distinguish, not conflate, the events in other countries with this well-planned attack by militant extremists. I have discussed this with [redacted] and he shares PAS’s view.
Let that sink in. Just three days after the attack, the embassy in Libya told Hillary Clinton and President Obama:
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
It is becoming increasingly clear that the series of events in Benghazi was much more terrorist attack than a protest which escalated into violence. It is our opinion that in our messaging, we want to distinguish, not conflate, the events in other countries with this well-planned attack by militant extremists.
And yet, sadly, just a few days later, Susan Rice would go on every available media platform available to her and do the exact opposite of what the embassy in Tripoli was advising.
Over the weekend, committee spokesman Matt Wolking told FoxNews that the email was not part of the batch released on Friday by the State Department.
“This email shows that State Department staff privately raised serious concerns about conflating the terrorist attacks in Benghazi with a video,” he also said in a statement, “even as the secretary of state and other Obama administration officials continued to do so publicly.”
Wolking also argued that a former CIA chief said intelligence analysts never said the video was a factor.
“So while Secretary Clinton may use the ‘fog of war’ as a convenient excuse for why she said one thing in private and something else in public, the reality is that’s just another smokescreen.”
Liberals and their lapdogs in the media can continue to deny the FACT that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama willfully, maliciously and selfishly lied to the American people about what happened in Benghazi in their efforts to win an election, but the evidence argues otherwise.
During her testimony before the Benghazi committee we learned that:
- Told the Libyan President at 6:49 PM ET on the night of the attacks that “Ansar as-Sharia [sic] is claiming responsibility.” She did not reference a video. (Note: Ansar al-Sharia’s senior leader in Benghazi, Ahmed Abu Khatallah, is the only person who has been arrested for the attacks.)
- Told a member of her family at 11:12 PM ET on the night of the attacks that “an Al Queda-like group” was responsible. She did not reference a video.
- Told the Egyptian Prime Minister at 3:04 PM ET the day after the attacks that they “had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack – not a protest. … Based on the information we saw today we believe the group that claimed responsibility for this was affiliated with al Qaeda.”
All of these FACTS fly in the face of the Clinton team’s Benghazi story. The many misstatements, misdirections and outright lies made by the Obama administration and the State Department since then only serve as more proof of the crimes they committed in the aftermath of the Benghazi attack. To believe the Obama/Clinton narrative on Benghazi is to choose ignorance over honesty and partisanship over reality. Hillary Clinton is a lying criminal who should be spending her golden years in prison — not leading our nation from the Oval Office.