COVID-19 Pt. 3: Nursing Homes and Long Term Care Facility Deaths “With” OR “From” Covid Facts
It has consistently been reported that nursing homes and long-term care facilities account for 40% of all Covid-related deaths, but how do these numbers actually breakdown? Is the general population aware that they are including these deaths in the total mortality data if they test positive but it’s not the cause of death, as Dr. Deborah Birx from the White House Covid-19 Task Force has stated, and as the CDC disclosed? Hospitalization data has also been distorted and is incredibly misleading, which was covered in part 1 of this report, including the fact that the 2017-2018 flu season far exceeded Covid hospitalizations, and the CDC is grouping pneumonia, influenza, and covid (PIC) for death totals, which was covered in part 2 of this report. Both contain critical data points put out by the CDC and the Covid Tracking Project to understand the real numbers. Perhaps the worst part to all of this is the fact that over 46% of nursing home residents suffer from depression, and these lockdowns have taken a toll on the elderly and their families.
Dr. Deborah Birx stated, “if someone dies WITH Covid-19 we are counting that as a Covid-19 death,” and the Illinois Director of Public Health has stated the same, explaining that even those in hospice care who have a few weeks left to live will be counted as a Covid-19 death if they tested positive, or if they clearly died of a totally unrelated cause. In fact, even if some died from a gunshot wound or in a car accident, if they tested positive for Covid (oftentimes postmortem), they are counted as a Covid death. The problem with this is that the PCR tests are unreliable and have produced countless false/positives, which is perhaps indicative as to why 90% of all people who test positive are asymptomatic.
The biggest issue is the fact that governors and mayors are basing lockdowns, restrictions, and mask mandates on three factors:
- Number of positive cases: many are false/positives and 90% of people who test positive are asymptomatic
- Number of hospitalizations: claims of hospitals being at full capacity have been misleading and exaggerated
- Number of Covid deaths: the CDC states that only 6% of all Covid-related deaths show Covid as the only cause on death certificates, and Birx and health officials have already stated they are counting EVERYONE who test positive despite the fact it had no bearing on their actual cause of death
There is a big difference between dying WITH Covid and dying FROM Covid
Why do the legacy media, politicians, and big pharma stakeholders keep running headlines and sound bites using the language “280,000 people have died FROM Covid-19!” when in fact all data points to it being quite the opposite. Just as Dr. Birx stated, anyone who tests positive is being documented as a Covid death. From gunshot wounds to car accidents, end-stage conditions in hospice and nursing homes, heart disease and everything else… they are documenting all of it as a Covid death and then shouting out to the public to create panic and justify lockdowns.
A good example is a nurse Corey recently spoke with at a hospital who conveyed that there were 2 people who died in hospice, 1 person who died from stage 4 cancer, and another person who died from end stage COPD who all tested positive for Covid, were then added to the Covid death total.
Even the CDC, who has stated only 6% of death certificates indicate Covid as the only cause of death mentioned, refuses to document the overall deaths correctly. They have the death certificates for the other 94% and can easily break it down to make the public aware that the number of people allegedly dying FROM Covid is small. Why won’t they do this? Big pharma invests millions in the CDC Foundation. Their list of partners and corporate donors is staggering. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has given them over $150 million in awarded “grants”. In fact, just two months ago, they awarded them another $971,885 “to understand the epidemiology of Covid-19 in Kibera, Kenya”. It’s no different than the AIDS slush fund with scores of NGOs circulating funds through to one another.
Statistical Data Straight From The Horses Mouth
• As of December 9, 2020, Johns Hopkins is reporting 288,716 U.S. deaths whereby people tested positive for Covid.
• There are 2.1 million residents in U.S. nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
• Nursing homes, long-term care facilities, hospice, skilled nursing facilities, and assisted living are counted by the CDC, Covid Tracking Project, and all others, as a grouped mortality percentage which currently equates to 39% of all documented Covid-related deaths, accounting for over 104,000 deaths. In many states, nursing homes and long term care facilities account for 70% – 81% of all Covid-related deaths in their state.
• 69.3% of nursing homes are for profit and 57% of them are chain affiliated. 63% of hospices are for profit and 81% of residential care communities are as well.
• As of December 5, the CDC showed that 7,748 individuals died in hospice, that also tested positive for Covid, so were counted as Covid deaths.
• According to CDC’s data on “conditions contributing to deaths where Covid-19 was listed on the death certificate,” 43% of all deaths included influenza and pneumonia.
• The CDC runs 1-2 weeks behind on data. Based on their December 9th totals, it shows that 79% of all Covid-related deaths were individuals 65+ years of age, with 31% being 85 years or older. According to the CDC, the average life expectancy in the U.S. is 78.7 years old. Was Covid to blame for all of these deaths, or did they just test positive for Covid, so it was counted in the totals, like Dr. Birx said they were doing?
• Based on their current data, the CDC has shown that the survival rate of contracting Covid-19 between the ages of 50-69 is 99.5%, and the survival rate for age 70+ is 94.6%, all of which is pretty remarkable, despite the fact the numbers are being inflated by other causes of death.
• The average length of stay in a nursing home is 485 days, or just over 16 months. It has been 9-1/2 months since the ground zero nursing homes in Washington state first reported cases. Depending on how long residents had already been in the nursing homes when Covid hit, we are already approaching 56% of the average time spent in a nursing home IF all U.S. nursing home residents were admitted at the end of February when it hit, which is impossible.
• All residents and staff of nursing homes are required to be tested for Covid-19 regularly. Even if they fall in the 90% asymptomatic, or the false/positive tests, they will be documented as a Covid death, despite their true cause of death.
• The CDC states that 6% of all Covid-related death certificates indicate Covid-19 as the only cause mentioned, while 94% have on average 2.9 comorbidities, which was recently increased from 2.6. They have already informed the public in press conferences that EVERYONE who dies and tests positive for Covid will be documented as a Covid death, including gunshot victims and beyond. Based on December 9th numbers, that would mean only 17,322 people may have died from Covid, while all other deaths remain questionable. That is a staggering difference from the 288k number they are sinking into everyone’s minds, while playing on their fear.
• 87%-97% of nursing home residents require assistance with bathing, dressing, using the toilet, walking, and transferring in and out of bed, due to their many chronic conditions. Over 47% suffer from Alzheimer or dementia,
The chart below represents 10 conditions. Asthma and COPD were grouped together, which totaled 21.2% of residents in nursing homes. 12.9% had end stage renal disease, which only accounts for a portion of residents with chronic kidney disease.
When comparing chronic issues in nursing homes and long term care facilities to those listed by the CDC, under the “conditions contributing to deaths involving coronavirus disease,” it reveals an interesting pattern:
- Hypertension runs between 50.3% – 88.9% among this group. 20% of Covid-related deaths also had hypertension.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S. with an average of 655,000 Americans dying annually, accounting for 1 in every 4 deaths. On the CDC chart ending December 5, 2020, The CDC shows circulatory diseases, which encompasses 5 heart disease conditions, totaling 137,838 deaths documented under Covid-related deaths. Of those, 51,619 occurred in people 85 years or older, which accounts for over 64% of the total death toll of 80,257 that were 85 and older, who had Covid marked on their death certificates.
- 30.9% – 47.8% have Alzheimer or dementia, and the CDC indicates that 38,577 died with those comorbidities, under Covid deaths. In 2018, 122,019 nursing home and long term care residents died from Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- 12.9% had end stage renal disease and the CDC indicates that 23,202 died with renal failure as a comorbidity, under Covid deaths.
- The four leading causes of death in nursing homes are falls, sepsis, medication errors, and abuse and neglect. According to the CDC, 1 to 3 million serious infections occur in nursing homes each year, causing as much as 380,000 nursing home deaths due to sepsis alone. On the CDC Covid chart, 23,830 people are listed as having sepsis and 110,966 are listed as having pneumonia and influenza, but are also marked as Covid deaths because they tested positive either prior or postmortem.
Below is the December 5th totals from the CDC’s weekly Covid-19 chart on conditions “contributing” to deaths involving Covid-19. “Contributing” is an interesting choice of words, since Dr. Birx and others have all informed everyone that they will include anyone who tests positive for Covid-19 as a Covid death, even if it wasn’t the cause. Based on the conditions, as well as age groups documented in the chart below, in addition to the fact that 90% who test positive are asymptomatic, it is quite clear that there is likely a large number of individuals who died from other causes as opposed to Covid. Also note that they have a footnote stating, “Deaths with confirmed or presumed COVID-19.”
Legacy Media, Politicians, and Big Pharma Stakeholders Push False Death Count
Despite the fact that they have all admitted they are counting anyone who tests positive with Covid as a Covid death, even if they die from some other cause, they are all telling the public that the total number represents people who died FROM Covid. Legacy news media such as CBS, is one of the biggest propaganda fearmongers of all, pushing headlines such as “Covid has surpassed heart disease as the leading cause of death this week.” When the reality is, those dying of heart disease are being counted as Covid deaths. The doublespeak happening is confusing the masses, which is why Corey’s Digs pulls their direct data and video of press conferences into a report so people can have all of the facts in one location. The CDC is notorious for making it difficult to track down various data points, hide and manipulate data, intentionally leave dates off, and routinely change numbers.
They have been inflating hospitalization numbers and misleading people on “hospitals being at capacity” for a long time now. The 2017-2018 flu season had 810,000 people hospitalized, yet there were no lockdowns, mask mandates, and no one heard a peep about it. Governor Kristi Noem recently called CBS news out on this in regard to South Dakota hospitalization numbers.
If there was such a concern for the elderly contracting Covid-19, why did New York Governor Cuomo send over 6,300 Covid-19 patients to nursing homes? There can only be two answers to this question. Either he’s a serial killer or it’s not nearly as deadly as they say.
Bottom Line: It’s Criminal What They Are Doing To Our Elderly
The bottom line is that they are automatically logging every death as a Covid death if a person tests positive, even if they died from other causes or are in the 90% who had no symptoms. Over 31% of the deaths are people aged 85 and older who likely died from other causes. The life-threatening chronic conditions in people in nursing homes and long term care facilities are all documented on the CDC chart as other causes of death. Just as the flu or pneumonia can exacerbate conditions, a regular coronavirus can as well, but the numbers don’t justify the stringent lockdowns over sacrificing their lives through depression and loneliness, and this goes for children and those of all ages.
Stanford epidemiologist John Loannidis said back in March that “even some so-called mild or common-cold-type coronaviruses have been known for decades [to] have case fatality rates as high as 8% when they infect people in nursing homes.” There are 2.1 million nursing home residents. Based on the current 104K deaths counted as Covid-related deaths, that means 4.95% of residents allegedly died a Covid-related death, which is far less than the 8% that a “common-cold-type coronavirus” has been known to cause, and that’s including those who actually died from other causes.
Some make the argument that if such a large number of deaths are occurring in nursing homes and long term care facilities, then why lockdown entire cities and states rather than just those facilities? At the same time, if nursing home residents were asked how they felt, the majority would likely say they would rather take the risk and spend the time with their families in what may be the last months of their life, than be on lockdown, especially the 46% who already suffer from depression.
The reality is, the numbers are so low that they do not justify people losing their businesses, jobs, homes, and loved ones to suicide, in nursing homes, or those who couldn’t get life-saving procedures or surgeries while hospitals turned them away. The complete economic turmoil this has caused, coupled with an escalating suicide rate and depression has far outweighed the outcome of Covid-related deaths that they once warned would kill 1-2 million Americans.
In Canada, one elderly woman asked to be euthanized because she couldn’t face another lockdown. Euthanasia is legal in Washington DC, Washington state, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, New Jersey, Oregon, and Vermont. One nursing home staff member told Corey’s Digs that she is aware of several elders seeking the same in Washington State.
Everyone wants to protect their parents and grandparents, and precautions should be taken and therapeutics made available, but at what cost? Governors still won’t allow visitations in some states, funerals are limited, and the media is trying to convince elders to skip holidays or facetime with one another, and now the World Health Organization and Dr. Fauci warn people that they shouldn’t hug each other. Enough is enough.
There is no question – the cure is worse than the virus, and the misleading and misreporting shenanigans needs to be called out by everyone to put an end to this.
Article posted with permission from Corey Lynn, originally published at CoreysDigs.com