I don’t know how many of our readers will have had the pleasure of listening to the great Paul Harvey. His radio show was a tradition at my house as a child and I am really grateful that my parents made it so. Thanks to www.birtherreport.com I came across this video that was aired on Sean Hannity’s show earlier this week. Mr. Paul Harvey represented excellence in broadcasting that may never be seen again. Mr. Harvey was one of my early mentors and he, as much as anyone, taught me how to think for myself. I miss this man more than you know.
I had never heard this piece before today, despite being a long time Paul Harvey fan.
50 years ago, there was a portion of a book entitled The Naked Communist entered into the congressional record. I would bet my bottom dollar that Harvey was well-acquainted with that book. It was a warning for America. In that particular case, it was labeled as “The 45 Goals for the Communist Takeover of America.”
I write about this stuff a lot and catch a lot of grief for it. The problem is that a lot of people don’t want to swallow the whole pill. For instance, a lot of people accept most of the list but feel that The Bible really is obsolete. Some would accept most of the immoralities but don’t feel that homosexuality is wrong. The truth is the truth. Cleon Skousen was not an authority on all things but he knew exactly how communists were planning to break down this country.
It hurts to look at this list and know that I have played a part in that. For instance, I am divorced. It pains me that I can’t be with my two oldest girls every day. I have been part of the problem and I must admit that. Until we all admit our own faults, nothing gets done.
To fix a problem you must first acknowledge it and acknowledge your part in it.
At any rate, here is the list of the “45 Goals for the Communist Takeover of America.” I thought today might be a good day to look at them again because I think it is a perfect complement to Harvey’s message.
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Almost every one of the things on this list has either been achieved or is very close to being achieved. A few don’t seem completely relevant in 2013 but at one time I am sure they were.
We all have opinions but I think it’s pretty simple. We look at a socialist push in this country and we look at an Obamacare package that we do not want and we want to blame everyone but ourselves.
We created this. The breakdown of morality in society created this. They can push any lousy idea they want to now because the morally bankrupt people in this country outnumber God’s people. This will not be easy to fix but it can be done.
It’s about consistency. You do not only obey the parts of the constitution or the parts of God’s law that you want to obey. It’s not a Chinese Buffet. Everything was put there for a reason.
And now you know the rest of the story…
Article posted with permission from Dean Garrison