US Launches ICBM and Releases Video Of It Amid Rising N. Korea Tensions
Instead of attempting to diplomatically achieve peace amid rising tensions between the United States and North Korea, the United States is employing the very same tactics as their ostensible enemy. To show Kim Jong Un that launching test missiles won’t be tolerated, the United States just launched an unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) from a US Air Force base in California — just seven days after a previous launch.
The three-stage ICBM blasted off from Vandenberg Air Force Base shortly after midnight on Wednesday and video of it was immediately plastered online in a nearly identical fashion as North Korea. The ICBM traveled around 4,200 miles to a test range near the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands.
This is the statement Vanderberg released shortly after the launch:
Airmen from Malmstrom and Vandenberg Air Force bases conducted an operational test launch of an unarmed Minuteman III missile. The test launch used an intercontinental ballistic missile pulled randomly from a silo on Malmstrom Air Force Base, which was then transported and reassembled at Vandenberg, and launched by crew members from the 341st Missile Wing. The ICBM was equipped with a single test reentry vehicle, and traveled approximately 4,200 miles to a test range near the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands. These ICBM test launches verify the accuracy and reliability of the weapon system, providing valuable data to ensure a safe, secure and effective nuclear deterrent.
The irony of the United States launching a missile to show off its nuclear capabilities would be laughable if it wasn’t the very reason for which it is attempting to kick off World War III.
Despite the denial from the US that these tests aren’t meant to flex their nuclear might to North Korea, these drills have received criticism from the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation.
The organization accused the US of a “clear double standard,” and advocated for “diplomacy rather than military provocations,” said the foundation president, David Krieger, after the first launch, exactly one week ago.
“It views its own tests as justified and useful, while it views the tests of North Korea as threatening and destabilizing,” Krieger said, also warning of increasing danger of such moves.
For more than a decade, North Korea has been unsuccessfully attempting to prove its military might to the world through a series of failed missile launches, nuclear proliferation, and threats to anyone who attempts to come near their border. And for more than half a century, the US has enabled it. In spite of threatening nuclear war on the world, most countries have never acted. However, the Trump administration appears to want to change that.
In 2003, North Korea withdrew from the Non-Proliferation Treaty and began acquiring weapons-grade plutonium. In spite of this move, even warmongering George W. Bush never brought military action against North Korea to the point that it’s at now.
As each year passed, North Korea continued to unsuccessfully launch missile tests, make threats, and claim to be able to attack America. But that never happened.
However, fast forward to 2017, with VP and notorious neocon, Mike Pence at the helm, and all that changes as the US military are now being maneuvered in such a way as to provoke the tyrannical regime.
“Storm clouds gather on the horizon…..North Korea is the most dangerous and urgent threat to the peace and security of the Asia-Pacific,” Pence said last month as he addressed the military in a manner in which no VP has ever done.
“As President Trump has made clear to the world, the era of strategic patience is over,” Pence declared.
While the threat from North Korea has always been on the radar, the failing socialist country never said it would strike first. These launches by the US are entirely unnecessary, costly, and outright dangerous as they could provoke a real reaction from the insane dictator, Kim Jong Un.
The fact is that we had no business jumping into a conflict between two dictatorships in 1950 and we have no business there now. What’s more, it’s our very presence in the region that has fostered and provoked the situation in which we find ourselves today.
As David Stockman points out for the Ron Paul Institute:
THE FACT IS, THE SEVEN DECADE CONFRONTATION ON THE 38TH PARALLEL IS AN ARTIFACT OF EMPIRE, NOT A NECESSITY OF HOMELAND SECURITY. IT IS THE HANDIWORK OF A WARFARE STATE SERVED BY A PERMANENT POLITICAL CLASS THAT DERIVES ITS POWER, PURPOSE AND RESOURCES FROM THE FAITHFUL PURSUIT AND STEWARDSHIP OF AN AMERICAN IMPERIUM.
STATED DIFFERENTLY, AMERICAN SOLDIERS ARE PROVOCATIVELY STATIONED ON THE 38TH PARALLEL—WHERE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LINE THEY HAVE KEPT THE KIM FAMILY TYRANNY IN BUSINESS FOR SEVEN DECADES—-BECAUSE IMPERIAL WASHINGTON, LIKE ROME, NEEDS PURPORTEDLY IMPERILED FRONTIERS TO JUSTIFY ITS RULE AND HEAVY DRAFT OF MILITARY AND ECONOMIC RESOURCES.
Now, instead of realizing this series of brutally ignorant mistakes, which could lead to a nuclear war, and correcting them, the Trump administration seems hellbent on bringing it to a head.
Article first appeared at The Free Thought Project.