Media Blackout: Chicago Hospital Stopped Accepting Patients Due To Weekend Shootings That Left Over 50 Dead or Injured
Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation, so this story doesn’t quite fit the agenda of the mainstream media…
…at least not like the two other shootings that were covered non-stop.
The Chicago Sun Times reports that 7 people were killed and 46 wounded in weekend shootings.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
24 were shot in less than 4 hours on Sunday morning, in fact.
How bad did it get?
Mt. Sinai Hospital had to stop accepting new patients.
Can you believe that?
Here’s more from CST:
A weekend of gun violence in Chicago left at least seven people dead and 46 others wounded.
The weekend began Friday evening as a 5-year-old boy was wounded by someone shooting out of the window of an Englewood home. Chicago police said the shooter was targeting someone he had just stabbed, but missed and struck the boy in the thigh.
Early Sunday, a single shooting at a block party wounded eight people — one of them fatally. Police shared audio of the gunfire that captured nearly a minute of nonstop shooting.
Shootings reached a peak Sunday morning, when 17 people were shot in three separate incidents in Lawndale over a span of two hours, forcing Mount Sinai Hospital to stop accepting new patients.
Read it all at The Chicago Sun Times
OK, before I go on I want to do some quick math.
7 people died and 46 were wounded. That’s a total of 53 victims.
How bad is crime in Chicago?
Chicago’s ABC 7 says the number was 59 shooting victims.
Can they not keep the numbers straight?
That’s probably tough to do when there are so many.
Maybe this video report came after the Sun Times report, I’m not certain.
Here’s a short statement from the Kaiser Health website:
Mount Sinai Hospital had to temporarily bypass new patients on the same weekend that two mass shootings rocked the nation. “You have to stop yourself and ask what will it take before we get a handle on what’s going on,” said Chicago Police Chief Eddie Johnson. “Not only in Chicago, but across the country.”
So again, why did these Chicago shootings not make the national news cycles?
It’s all politics folks.
Chicago is run by Democrats and liberal media does not like to shine light on liberal policy failures.
Read some more about Chicago gun violence and liberal policy failures:
- Hypocrite Democrat, Who Worked to Ban Guns In Chicago, Caught With Stockpile of 23 Guns
- Chicago is a War Zone — Over 60 Weekend Shooting Victims — The Reality of Strict Gun Control
- Professor begs Trump to suspend Posse Comitatus, deploy the MILITARY to Chicago to stop the runaway violence in Obama’s “gun-free zone”
- Gang Members Implicate U.S. Gov’t in Dumping Crates of Guns in Chicago
- Nearly 300 People Shot in Chicago in January, Reminding Us How Well Gun Control Works
Chicago should ideally be a model city that proves the value of liberal gun policies.
Instead, it is an abject failure and proves the failure of liberal gun policies.
Highlighting this story would have hurt the liberal cause, so the National Media avoided it like the plague.
Whatever happened to reporting the news, regardless of politics?
Chicago residents understand what happens when you take away people’s means to defend themselves.
They sometimes end up dead.
Article posted with permission from Dean Garrison